Friday, November 24, 2006

How can I improve my blog?

A reader of my earlier post commented that while the entry was readable, it is almost like a fact file. So, I went through it once again and felt the same too.

I think I gathered too many facts in an attempt to make the post look bigger and informative. What could I have done to make it really better?

I could have added more personal touch. More experiences which are fun to read, rather than the encyclopedic information which can be found anywhere else. Unless, I'm posting hard-core technical topics, which are arduously followed by geeks.

However, too much of personal touch will also be a problem. It will make the post a sort of opinion/editorial. Not sure how many people will be able to enjoy opinions or an individual's experiences all the time. Perhaps they also want get something out of it. Mostly fun and the pleasure of reading, but occasionally something useful as well.

So, I think the middle path is best. Having a fine balance of facts (neutrality) and experiences (personal touch). I just realized that I need to master this art.

Hello, fellow bloggers, what are your thoughts on this? How do you handle the situation, when you attempt to write about something and it ends up as one of these extremes?

No comments: